Saturday, August 23, 2014

Florida 2014 - Wedding Day

The entire reason for our trip to Florida was for Grandma's (my mom's) wedding. We were so excited and happy to be a part of her day. I was set on finding something with lace for all three girls to wear. The problem with having two older girls and a baby is it's really hard to find something that matches in all three sizes. Insert Zulily. I scoured that site Every. Single. Day. for a month straight hoping something would pop up. And it DID. It did big time. I fell in love with their dresses the minute I saw them. And I did an internal happy dance (because I was at work at the time) when I saw they had them in all three sizes. 

I then had matching lace headbands made by a local bow maker. They turned out even better than I had pictured. Last stop was shoes. Given this was Florida in the middle of July and the wedding was mid-afternoon, we knew going barefoot wasn't going to be an option. At least not for the younger set. I just couldn't wrap my mind around spending $30-40 on a pair of sandals for each girl, that would likely only be worn this one time, and that wouldn't even match because of shoe size differences. Then a friend suggested I go to the dollar store and just get plain flip flops. I resigned myself to something simple and plain and then, thankfully, our local dollar store had these amazing gold-rimmed bamboo flip flops for, you guessed it, $1 each. I did have to go buy a small pair of $9 sandals for Thing 3 but it was better than the overpriced pairs I was finding online!











It was a beautiful day with our beautiful family. We topped off the day with an amazing dinner at a local restaurant on the ocean. Our dearest Thing 3, the most adventurous, fearless baby I know, helped herself to a smorgasbord of crab cakes, salmon, veggies, bruschetta, and a whole heap of other things I can't remember. The older two? Chicken strips, of course. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment